My trail of breadcrumbs across 30+ years of software development
My name is Warren Spencer, and I’ve been a software developer for over 35 years. This blog is a compendium of curious stories I’ve collected over that time. If you’re a grey-beard, you’ll likely chuckle at some of this. If you’re an up-and-comer, there are some interesting lessons that still apply today. So what follows is my trail of breadcrumbs across three and a half decades as a Geek, which I call ‘GeekCrumbs’.
- The Glass House and the Drawbridge
- Why didn’t Ford (or GM or Chrysler) catch Volkswagen cheating?
- How I Almost met Sheryl Crow
- Sometimes it’s ok to drink beer at 7am
- Break the rules to make big leaps forward
- The North Bay Municiple Election
- I was employee #4 at shomi.com
You can reach me a Warren@GeekCrumbs.com